AA Valentine’s competition Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of this competition become effective and binding from 1 February 2020 until 29 February 2020.
How to enter:
AA Members, need to complete the following actions:
- Answer the relevant question(s) on the AA Facebook page via the comments.
We are giving away:
- AA Quality Assured Accommodation vouchers worth R2 500 (two thousand five hundred rand). One voucher will be given away to the winner.
- A dinner for two, plus Uber fare to one winner worth R1 500 (one thousand five hundred rand). One voucher will be given away to the winner.
- Only one entry per person is allowed, and it needs to meet the following criteria:
Answer the question to the relevant question posted on Facebook in the correct comments section.
Answers need to meet the AA’s community guidelines and may not include:
- Hate speech
- Derogatory comments
- Answers may not be seen as attacking
- Answers that breach this rule will be removed and disqualified.
- The competition is only open to South African residents.
- Participants of this competition must be over 18 years, have a valid driver’s licence and their own vehicle.
- The draws will take place on the following dates:
- 17 February 2020
- 24 February 2020
- The winner of the voucher: shall entitle each of the winners, subject to all Terms and Conditions of the prize to follow the rules below. i.e. Vouchers are not transferable for cash.
- To book a holiday at any AA Quality Assured Accommodation.
- To have dinner for two at the chosen restaurant.
- Voucher Limits:
- In accordance with the AA Quality Assured Accommodation prize, the voucher has a total limit of R2 500 (two thousand five hundred rand).
- In accordance with the dinner for two plus Uber fares prize, the voucher has a total limit of R1 500 (one thousand five hundred rand).
- The AA Quality Assured Accommodation prize voucher entitles the winner to 1 (one) holiday.
- The dinner for two plus Uber fares prize voucher entitles the winner to 1 (one) dinner outing.
- The winner is responsible for all expenses incurred over and above the voucher limit and will be required to settle additional expenses directly with the establishment or restaurant.
- The voucher may only be used within the Republic of South Africa and the AA shall be entitled to terminate this agreement in the event of the winner exceeding the set limit or misusing the voucher whether negligently or intentionally, and the winner hereby indemnifies the AA for all charges and/or claims arising through the use of such voucher after termination.
- The winner hereby indemnifies the AA against all losses, claims, expenses, or cost that may occur as a result of acceptance and use of the prize.
- Vouchers are valid for 4 (four) months only.
- The R2 500 (two thousand five hundred rand) Voucher is valid for use only at the AA Quality Assured Accommodation partners countrywide, a list of which will be made available to the winners.
- The R1 500 (one thousand five hundred rand) Voucher is valid for use at a Restaurant selected by the AA.
- The Prize shall not at any point be part of matrimonial property or be part of a deceased estate.
- Winners will be notified in writing via email only.
- On receipt of winner notification, all prize winners must claim their prize and confirm their contact details within five working days. (Participants must ensure that their contact details are correct as incorrect contact details could result in an unclaimed prize). No response or acceptance of the prize within 5 working days will result in an unclaimed prize and forfeiture of the said prize.
- The AA reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- Winners agree to the use of their name, town and photograph for promotional purposes.
- Prizes may not be exchanged or transferred.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no negotiations and / or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
- Employees and immediate family members or agencies, who are paying AA Members may enter.
- The AA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel and / or suspend any competition.
- The AA, its directors, Members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant's participation in this competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
- The agreement or transaction entered into, or payment made by or under it, would not give rise to any legal relationship rights, duties or consequences whatsoever, or will be legally enforceable, or the subject of litigation, but all such arrangements, agreements and transactions would be binding in honour only.
- All entrants, by entering AA competitions, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Closing date must be adhered to, no extensions will be given.
- AA Membership and products are subject to Terms and Conditions.
- Pictures shown are for illustrative purposes only.