AA Designated Driver terms and conditions
Please take the necessary time to read our terms and conditions carefully and familiarise yourself with them. If anything is unclear, don’t hesitate to phone our Customer Care department on 0861 000 234. As a valued AA Designated Driver user, we’ll be happy to guide and advise you.1. Introduction and Definitions
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between you, the AA and the AA’s service providers.
- In this agreement:
- ‘AA’ means the Automobile Association of South Africa NPC;
- ‘Service’ means the AA Designated Driver Service, as further described below;
- ‘We/Us’ means each of, the AA and the AA’s service providers;
- ‘You’ means the person who uses or attempts to use the Service.
2. The AA Designated Driver Service
- The Service is made available to you by the AA and their service providers.
- The AA Designated Driver Service is a convenient and easy to use facility, designed to ensure that you will always arrive home safely after a night out. One simple call will book an AA Designated Driver team to meet you at your chosen venue, and at your requested time. Then you can sit back and rely on the AA to get you home (or to your chosen destination) in your own vehicle.
- By using the Service you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Service will be provided on a 12 month contract.
- The Service is only available on a monthly debit order payment option.
- The Service is activated from the date of payment and the monthly subscription fees are payable in advance.
- In instances where your initial monthly debit order was unsuccessful, we’ll advise you of the rejected debit order through an SMS and automatically re-submit the debit order on the next debit order run (1st, 15th and 25th) to ensure your Service continuity.
- Unfortunately, any bank charge penalty imposed will not be refundable from the AA.
- Your AA Designated Driver subscription must be up to date for You to be eligible to use the Service.
- Should you wish to discontinue your AA Designated Driver subscription, please provide 30 days written notice prior to your monthly debit order date.
- AA Designated Driver subscribers who have taken out an AA Designated Driver package as a result of a direct marketing offer have the right to cancel in writing within five business days of the date on which the AA Designated Driver subscription was concluded.
- If the AA Designated Driver subscriber has utilised the Service within the five day period, the AA Designated Driver subscriber will receive a full refund of the total subscription fee paid, less the AA’s charges for assistance provided.
- If the AA Designated Driver subscriber did not utilise the Service, the AA Designated Driver subscriber will receive a full refund of the total subscription fee.
- The AA Designated Driver subscriber must not, in any event, make further use of the cancelled AA Designated Driver subscription.
- We hold your personal information securely and will not disclose it to any other person or organisation unless authorised by You.
- We have the right to access and correct your personal information at any time.
- As an AA Designated Driver subscriber you agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
- Your details will be used for administrative purposes, and to provide You with information relating to products and services from time to time. For this purpose, we include ourselves and any division, subsidiary, third party under contract or join venture companies including AA Insurance.
- Your AA Designated Driver subscription does not confer Membership to the Automobile Association of South Africa on You.
- Your AA Designated Driver subscription is non-transferable and personal to You.
- We reserve the right to deny Service to any AA Designated Driver subscriber who, in the AA’s opinion is, or has been, abusive, threatening or violent toward any AA staff member, or who attempts to receive Service by deception, with no requirement to refund.
- We accept no liability for loss or damage to your vehicle or any of its components or accessories or contents while it is in the care/being driven by the AA Designated Driver.
- Where there is a need for clarification of terms and conditions or relating to your entitlements, the AA’s interpretation will be final.
- We constantly strive to provide new and improved Services to You. We reserve the right to amend the terms, conditions and benefits, including changing third party service providers. We will notify AA Designated Driver subscribers of material amendments in writing.
You are eligible to use this Service on the basis that your details are provided to the AA, that you have remaining trip entitlements based on the number of trips provided to You, and that you are travelling in your own licensed and roadworthy vehicle.
5. Using the Service
To use the Service, please call the AA Designated Driver call centre on 0861 466 444.
- Your AA Designated Driver package incorporates a certain number of “free kilometres per month”, with the exception of the AA Designated Driver Key package which operates on a pay on use basis.
- You can choose how to utilise your AA Designated Driver package allocation of “free kilometres per month” however, should a trip distance be less than the “minimum kilometres per trip”, the full “minimum kilometres per trip” will be deducted from your “free kilometres per month” entitlement.
- Once You have utilised all your “free kilometres per month”, additional trips will be charged at the “rate per kilometre”.
You warrant that:
- We reserve the right to terminate the Service with immediate effect and without notice of such termination to You.
- You agree you will not hold us liable for any damage of whatsoever nature You may suffer as a result of using the Service or as a result of any failure by Us to provide the Service.
- You irrevocably indemnify Us (including our directors, employees and agents) against any claim for damages which may be instituded against any of Us by any person arising out of or in connection with the Service or a failure to provide the Service.
- You are the owner of the vehicle that will be used by the AA Designated Drive team to chauffeur You, your passengers and vehicle home safely.
- Insurance cover is in place in respect of your motor vehicle, includes cover for drivers under the age of 25 and that You have notified your insurer in advance that You intend to make use of the Service.
- The AA will not take responsibility for any loss, damage or injury that may occur as a result of You using the Service.
Errors and omissions excepted