||South African High Commission (in respective country). A valid visa, if required.|
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy – contact details above.
||Yellow Fever Certificate|
- Valid passport of the driver
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver
- Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
- If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
- A valid acceptable passport / travel document: Good for a sufficient period to cover the intended stay
- Vehicle registration papers: If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, please carry a letter of authorisation from the owner / financial institution
- Carnet de Passage: Highly recommended for cars registered outside of the Common Customs Area (Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana), otherwise duties are payable to SARS on a SAD500 form; clearing agent will be required. Carnet should be obtained from the local motoring club.
- Travellers Declaration form: Known as the DA331; to be completed on entry into SA
|Automobile Association of South Africa|
Denis Paxton House, 4 Hyperion Road, Barbeque Downs, Kyalami
||+27 (011) 799-1000|
|Members from foreign clubs may be provided services at the same discounts that the AA of South Africa's Members enjoy.|