||+27 (011) 615-6309 / 0290 / 5873|
Beitbridge Border Post
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority ( ZIMRA )
|+263 862 2303 / 2366|
+27 (015) 530-0066 / 71
|Beitbridge Border Post Police
||+27 (015) 534-6300|
||+263 475 3147 / 8 / 9|
||Visas are not required by SA passport holders.|
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy – contact details above.
||Yellow Fever (if coming from an affected area)|
- Valid passport of the driver
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver
- Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
- If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
- Police Clearance Certificate: May be required if travelling through the Chirundu Border Post, for vehicles and trailers. When applying for Police Clearance certificate, it is required to have a Request for Police Identification/ Clearance (RPC) Form obtainable from the Traffic Department.
- Commercial Vehicle Guarantee (CVG): Private vehicles do not require a CVG ( 4X4 may be require to obtain a CVG ). Only applicable for Commercial vehicles. Obtainable from Zimbabwe registered clearing agents and payment of relevant bond - between USD 30 to USD 50.
- Third-Party Insurance: Compulsory - obtained at border post OR alternatively obtain at an AA Accredited Sales Agent store. Please contact your nearest store for prices.
- Road Access Fee: Based on the vehicle's size paid on entry only. Rates:
- R90 for a small sedan
- R270 for a large 4x4
- Exit Pass: R70 at each exit
- Carbon Tax: charges from R50 to R240
- White and Red Reflective Tape: Two small white rectangular size strips on the right and left hand side of the front bumper as well as two small red square strips on the right and left hand side of the rear bumper. Ideally, the strips should be honeycombed. If towing a trailer, two small red square strips on the right and left hand side of the rear bumper are required
- Carnet de Passage: Not required. Temporary Import Permit will be issued at the border post upon entry, free of charge
- Warning Triangles: Two warning triangles on a metal plate
- White and Red T-sign: Required if towing a trailer; white must be displayed on front right hand side of trailer / caravan and red on the rear right hand side of the trailer / caravan, when looking forward.
- Fire Extinguisher: Compulsory
- Safety Vests: Recommended
- ZA Sticker: Available at any AA Accredited Sales Agent store
||2 Kenilworth Road, Newland, Harare|
||+263 478 8173 / 4 / 5|